Have you lost the confidence to smile? Are missing teeth or a missing tooth destroying your self confidence? You needn’t suffer any longer. Dental implant will allow you to smile with confidence and restore the lost functionality of your missing teeth.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a comfortable, long-lasting, attractive, and resilient tooth replacement option, where the implants are secured permanently into the jaw to replace damaged or lost teeth. In fact, dental implants are one of the most effective tooth replacement options available today. Unlike dentures, dental implants prevent shrinking of the face and jaw bone, while completely restoring your chewing ability and confident smile. They are suitable for people of all ages, with a fully developed jaw line. For patients that suffer from acute dental or gum disease, dental implants can be a excellent choice for permanently restoring aesthetics and functionality.
Dental implants are typically artificial teeth that are secured permanently in the place of teeth that never developed, have been extracted, or are lost due to accident, decay, or gum disease. Apart from being an integral part of cosmetic dentistry, dental implants play a significant role in therapeutic and restorative dentistry. Implants replace the natural tooth root with an artificial root that is placed surgically into the upper or lower jaw bone. The tooth, usually made of titanium, is then attached to the artificial root implant and it has an extraordinarily natural appearance. Implants can restore a patient’s appearance and ability to chew.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Although not sutiable for all patients, dental implants can provide significant benefits to many patients. Some of the benefits of dental implants including the following:
- Strong, secure, long-lasting, and aesthetically beautiful teeth
- Natural and beautiful smile
- Prevents shrinkage of the face and jaw bones
- Restores full function and chewing capabilities
- Reduces speech impediments
- Unlike traditional bridgework, no damage is caused to other teeth
- Restores the normal shape of the face and mouth
- No more floppy, loose, and embarrassing dentures
Steps to a Confident Smile – The Dental Implant Procedure
- Assessing, diagnosing, and planning – in your first visit, dentists will first assess and evaluate the condition of your teeth and mouth, medical and dental history, and needs. Based on this data, the most suitable treatment method is recommended with comprehensive cost planning and diagnosis techniques such as X-ray, CT scan, or cone beam imaging if required.
- Implant surgery – Next, the initial step of installing the implants will be performed. Your dentist makes sure that this stage is most comfortable and painless for you. It takes around 1-2 hours depending on the number of dental implants and whether modification and bone grafting is required.
- Implant integration – The implant will be under osseointegration for 3-5 months to create a secure and strong base for the new teeth.
- Implant restoration – After the integration period, dental implant restoration is designed to have permanent and attractive results.
- After care – Maintain dental hygiene with regular brushing and flossing.